UO Baker Downtown Center

baker center

Programs housed in The Baker Downtown Center bring the university’s resources and opportunities to the community. We host credit and noncredit workshops, sponsor cultural and educational events, and rent conference and classroom space to academic partners and community organizations.

The Baker Downtown Center is at the corner of 10th and High, near the John G. Shedd Institute for the Arts and the East Broadway business district. It was built in 1952 by the Guard Publishing Co. and served as The Eugene Register-Guard’s home until 1998, when the building was leased to the University of Oregon and renamed the Baker Downtown Center.

975 High Street